Thursday, December 1, 2011

Egg Muffins


Tonight we made egg muffins for dinner.  They were delish, very easy, and a lot of fun.

I knew my pre-schooler would be excited about helping out so I did a little prep before he joined me in the kitchen.  I put corn, eda mame, shredded pecorino romano, arugula, turkey bacon, and mac and cheese (lunch leftovers) into small bowls.  I basically used whatever we had, but in the future (and if I were doing it alone) I would make some sauteed onions, roasted potatoes and maybe some smoked salmon...those ingredients make my mouth water...but I don't think my three year old would agree.


I filled each cupcake mold 2/3 fill with beaten eggs and then we went to town filling them up.


Right before they went into the oven:


I baked them at 350 for about 17 minutes (until a fork comes out clean).  This is definitely something we will be doing again.  My son was so proud that he made us dinner tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment