Saturday, August 20, 2011

Super Easy Superhero Mask


I have a whole lot of felt left over from a previous project and I am always looking for ways to use it.  My oldest son is obsessed with superheros (even though he has never actually seen any superhero movies or read any superhero comics) so I decided to make him a super hero mask.  First I cut out a template from paper and held it up to his face and trimmed it to fit his eye position.  Then I cut out the blue background a little bigger than the pattern and the red piece exactly the same size as the pattern.  I hand stitched them together since I didn't have my sewing machine.  Lastly, I added the yellow lightening bolts for a little extra superhero-ness and sewed on a thick elastic strap.

A success!


I pinned my felt pieces together before sewing them so they lined up correctly, but you could also iron on some fusing to stick them together before you sew them.

Here is the template I sketched out:


Now all he needs is a new cape...stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Came over from Homemade by Jill. Love the tutorial (pinned it on pinterest right away!) I'll definitely be using it for my boys' halloween costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I'll be cranking 25 of these out for my son's super hero birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valuable information ..I am delighted to read this article..Thank you for giving us this useful information.
    hulk mask for kids

    ReplyDelete